- 2 medium beets, scrubbed and rinse well
- 3 carrots, scrubbed and rinsed well
- 1 apple
- Cut your beets, carrots, and apple into large pieces. If you will be using a blender to make your juice, then cut your produce into smaller pieces than if you are using a juicer.
- If you are using a juicer, then run the vegetable and fruit pieces through the juicer. Collect the juice and serve immediately.
- If you are using a food processor or blender, add the chopped beets, carrots, and apple to the base. Blend or process on high for 20-30 seconds, or until the mixture is smooth.
- If you are using a blender, you may need to add ¼ to ½ cup of water to help the mixture blend.
- Then, pour the blended juice through a fine mesh colander, using a spatula to gently push the juice through the colander. You can also do this using a nut milk bag. You won’t catch all of the fiber, but you’ll strain out some of the fiber to get a clearer juice. Discard the fiber or save it and use it for another purpose.
- Serve the juice immediately.
- You can easily double or triple this recipe for more servings.
- Fresh juice is best served right after it’s made. But, it can be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- You can use a Granny Smith apple or any type of red apple.
- Feel free to add other ingredients to your juice including up to 1-inch of fresh ginger, or a squeeze of lemon or lime juice.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Juicer or Blender
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: beet and carrot juice, beet carrot apple juice