This Ground Bison Veggie Bowl recipe is perfect for paleo and low-carb diets. It’s a grain-free and easy recipe that is so delicious and satisfying. This is a 30-minute meal that you can make on busy weeknights.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower rice
- 1 pound ground bison
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (or Italian seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon dried turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped kale
- In a large skillet over medium heat, pour in the the olive oil. Let the oil heat up for a minute or so.
- Add the onion and cauliflower rice, and stir to combine. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the bison and use a spatula to break up the pieces as it cooks.
- Sprinkle in the oregano, turmeric, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine. Let the mixture cook for about 3 more minutes.
- Add the kale, reduce the heat to low, and cover the skillet. Cook for 1-2 more minutes, or until the bison is cooked through.
- Turn the heat off and serve the bison mixture hot.
- You can substitute lean ground beef for the bison, if you prefer.
- Store any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat before serving.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Paleo
Keywords: paleo bison and cauliflower skillet dish, bison dinner, bison dish