This ground bison and cauliflower recipe is perfect for paleo and Whole30 diets. It’s grain-free and easy!
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken up into florets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 pounds ground bison
- 2 cups spring peas and chopped carrots (defrosted, if using frozen)
- Add cauliflower florets to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse for about 30 seconds until florets are broken into a rice-like texture, scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the cauliflower rice and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the ground cumin, oregano, and turmeric and transfer mixture to a bowl while you cook the meat.
- Add the ground bison to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat until it is almost completely done. Use a large spoon or spatula to break up any chunks and ensure even cooking.
- Turn the heat to low, add the peas and carrots, and place a lid on the skillet. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Stir in the cooked cauliflower rice mixture.
- Serve hot.
You can substitute lean ground beef for the bison, if you prefer.