These Black Bean Brownies are dairy-free, grain-free and so decadently delicious. Nobody will ever guess they’re healthy, too!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup almond butter or sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup grain-free flour like almond flour, cassava flour, or tiger nut flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Spray an 8-inch by 8-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the black beans, nut butter, applesauce, maple syrup, vanilla extract, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder in a food processor or high-speed blender. Process on high until the ingredients are combined (about 30-45 seconds).
- Stir in the chocolate chips and pour the mixture into your baking dish.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the middle is no longer jiggly and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or chilled. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
These brownies will firm up after they are chilled in the refrigerator for about an hour.
Store any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Or, place any leftovers in a zip-top bag and freeze for up to 2 months.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: healthy brownies, black bean dessert, vegan brownies