These Black Bean Brownies are dairy-free, grain-free and so decadently delicious. Nobody will ever guess they’re healthy, too!
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup unsweetened jarred applesauce
- ¾ cup unsweetened dairy-free milk
- 3 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup grain-free, gluten-free flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup ghee or coconut oil, melted*
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Spray an 8-inch by 8-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the black beans, applesauce, dairy-free milk, eggs, and vanilla extract in a food processor or high-speed blender. Process on high until the ingredients are combined.
- Next, combine the flour, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, chocolate chips, baking powder, and sea salt in a medium mixing bowl, and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture from your blender or food processor into the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Add the melted ghee or coconut oil and stir one last time.
- Pour the mixture into your baking dish and place in the oven. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a fork inserted in the center of the brownies comes out clean.
- Serve warm or chilled. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
*Use coconut oil instead of ghee for dairy allergies.