Fudgy Vegan Black Bean Brownies
You are going to want to make these delicious Fudgy Vegan Black Bean Brownies as soon as possible. This recipe is gluten-free, grain-free, and dairy-free. Nobody will ever guess that these brownies are made from beans.
With everything going on in the world right now, I think incorporating more comfort foods into our daily routines is reasonable. These Vegan Black Brownies fit the bill. They’re not totally off the charts in decadence, but they are absolutely delicious while also being a little bit healthy.
And, even if you don’t normally like black beans, I think you will love this recipe. The beans get pureed with the other brownie ingredients so you can’t even taste them.
I am hopeful you have all of the ingredients you need in your pantry to make these Vegan Black Bean Brownies. My favorite black beans come from Eden Organics, but you can use whatever brand you find. Heck, you can even use garbanzo beans or cannellini beans if that’s all you have.
This is really easy recipe to make. The first step is to combine all of the ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) into a food processor or a high-speed blender. This will ensure that the beans get totally pureed. Nobody wants to bite into a whole bean while they’re eating a brownie!
Then, you just have to stir in the chocolate chips, pour the batter into a baking dish, and bake it for 35-45 minutes.
The last step is to either enjoy the black bean brownies warm out of the oven, or to chill them (chilling the brownies will make them easier to cut).
Yes, you can. Garbanzo beans or white cannellini beans will work.
I like using cassava flour, almond flour, or tiger nut flour. If you don’t have any of these, you can use your favorite gluten-free flour blend. I like the one from Bob’s Red Mill.
I’m of the mindset that treats and desserts are part of a balanced relationship with food. I’m not scared of sugar, but I don’t go overboard. It’s an individual choice whether or not to include treats in your diet plan.
That said, these Black Bean Brownies are vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, and so they fit with many healthy diet plans.
Other Healthy Desserts You Might Like
- Cassava Flour Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Date Nut Bread
- No Bake Vegan Brownies
- Pear Apple Cobbler
- Vegan Zucchini Brownies
Watch me make this recipe on YouTube!
I hope you make this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment and a starred review below.Print
These Black Bean Brownies are dairy-free, grain-free and so decadently delicious. Nobody will ever guess they’re healthy, too!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup almond butter or sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup grain-free flour like almond flour, cassava flour, or tiger nut flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Spray an 8-inch by 8-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the black beans, nut butter, applesauce, maple syrup, vanilla extract, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder in a food processor or high-speed blender. Process on high until the ingredients are combined (about 30-45 seconds).
- Stir in the chocolate chips and pour the mixture into your baking dish.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the middle is no longer jiggly and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or chilled. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
- These brownies will firm up after they are chilled in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Store any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Or, place any leftovers in a zip-top bag and freeze for up to 2 months.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: healthy brownies, black bean dessert, vegan brownies
Don’t forget to join the Clean Eating Kitchen newsletter. You’ll get my Clean Eating Quick Start Guide, plus links to all the latest recipes.