Enjoy this perfect pasta recipe that is a copycat version of the Cheesecake Factory’s Tomato Basil Pasta dish. Everyone loves this protein-rich pasta dish that has a gluten-free option. The leftovers are great for lunch!
- 8 ounces dry penne pasta (half of a one-pound bag or box)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 chicken breasts), cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 14.5–ounce can diced tomatoes, with the juices
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella (for vegan or dairy-free, use a plant-based mozzarella substitute), sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped into small pieces
- Heat a large pot of salted water over high heat. Add the pasta and cook according to the directions on the package.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and let it cook for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken and diced tomatoes, and stir together. Cover the skillet and cook the chicken mixture for 7-9 minutes, or until it is no longer pink in the center.
- Drain the cooked pasta and transfer it to a large serving bowl. Add the chicken and tomato mixture and toss to combine.
- Top with the fresh mozzarella and basil. Serve hot.
- Most dry pastas are sold in 16-ounce (1 pound) containers. So, for this recipe, just cook half of the box.
- You can use regular, whole wheat, or gluten-free penne pasta, whichever you prefer.
- The Cheesecake Factory recipe uses grilled chicken. To make it simpler to prepare, this version uses chicken cooked on the stovetop.
- You can easily double this recipe.
- Store any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat the leftovers or just eat them cold.
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: pasta cheesecake factory recipe, chicken cheesecake factory recipe, healthy copycat recipe