When you’re craving Chili’s Shrimp Fajitas, but you want to make them at home, here’s a Copycat recipe that is so easy and flavorful. Serve this healthy Mexican-style dish with corn tortillas or sautéed cauliflower rice for a low-carb option.
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce or tamari (for gluten-free)
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp, (defrosted, if frozen)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- Corn or flour tortillas, warmed (optional, for serving)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the soy sauce (or tamari), water, honey, Worcestershire sauce, ground ginger, chili powder, and minced garlic. Whisk to combine.
- Add the shrimp to the mixing bowl and let it sit for at least 15 minutes to marinate.
- While the shrimp is marinating in the sauce, prep your vegetables for the fajitas.
- After the shrimp is done marinating, drain it from the marinade using a colander or a strainer.
- Then, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Pour in the oil and let it heat up for a few minutes.
- Add the onion and bell pepper slices and cook for about 3 minutes, or until they start to soften.
- Then, add the marinated and drained shrimp and cook with the onions and peppers for 3 minutes.
- Use tongs to flip the shrimp and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes with the vegetables, or until the shrimp are opaque and cooked through.
- Turn off the heat and serve hot, with warmed tortillas.
- You can let the shrimp marinate for up to a day covered in the refrigerator.
- Other items that can be served with the fajitas: salsa, guacamole, lime wedges, and sour cream (use dairy-free yogurt or sour cream, if necessary)
- Nutrition data does not include tortillas or any toppings.
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: chili's fajitas recipe, low-carb shrimp fajitas, keto fajitas