This delicious Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Bread is so delicious and moist. You can toast it and serve it as an easy side dish or dessert. This healthy bread recipe is vegan-friendly as well, using flax eggs or chia eggs.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked and cooled sweet potatoes (from about 2 medium or 1 large sweet potato)*
- 2 eggs, beaten (for vegan, you can use 2 flax eggs which is made by mixing 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed with 6 tablespoons of water)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 1/2 cups coconut sugar**
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 375F. Spray a 1.5-quart loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cooked sweet potatoes, eggs, coconut oil, applesauce, almond milk, and vanilla. Use a spatula to mix together.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until the top of the bread is golden brown.
- Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a cooling rack. Let the bread cool completely before slicing it.
- *To cook sweet potatoes, preheat your oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Scrub the sweet potato and pat them dry. Use a fork to poke holes all around each potato. Lay the potatoes on the baking sheet and bake for 60 minutes, turning the potatoes once during the cooking process. Once they have cooled, remove the skins and place the sweet potato flesh in a bowl. Use a fork to mash them together. You can prepare the sweet potatoes up to 3 days ahead of time before making the bread.
- **To make the bread less sweet, use 1 cup of coconut sugar and 1 3/4 cups of flour.
- Store the bread in a large zip-top bag for up to a week in the refrigerator. The bread can be toasted or warmed slightly before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sweet potato dessert, how to use cooked sweet potatoes, cinnamon bread recipe