- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked and cooled sweet potatoes (from about 2 medium or 1 large sweet potato)*
- 2 eggs, beaten (for vegan, you can use 2 flax eggs which is made by mixing 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed with 6 tablespoons of water)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted (use melted butter if you aren’t on a vegan or dairy-free diet)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (use regular milk if you aren’t on a vegan or dairy-free diet)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free baking flour (use all-purpose flour if you aren’t on a gluten-free diet)
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar or coconut sugar (see notes for a lower-sugar version)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 375F. Spray a 1.5-quart loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cooked sweet potatoes, eggs, coconut oil, applesauce, almond milk, and vanilla. Use a spatula to mix together.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until the top of the bread is golden brown.
- Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a cooling rack. Let the bread cool completely before slicing it.
- Bake the sweet potatoes up to 3 days before making the bread. By pre-baking the sweet potatoes, you save a lot of time on the day you make the bread. My favorite method is to make Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes. You can also use frozen and defrosted cooked sweet potatoes (see how to freeze sweet potatoes).
- Use your favorite gluten-free flour blend. I like the Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free flour.
- Want a chocolate version? Feel free to add up to 3/4 of a cup of chocolate chips to the batter before baking.
- Substitute flax eggs for a vegan version of this Sweet Potato Bread recipe. You can make a flax egg by mixing together 1 tablespoon of ground flax with 3 tablespoons of water.
- Let the bread cool completely before slicing with a serrated knife. I like to let it sit on my countertop for about an hour after baking.
- Store any leftover sweet potato bread in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: sweet potato dessert, how to use cooked sweet potatoes, cinnamon bread recipe