An easy slow-cooker meal for busy weeknights.
- 1 teaspoon avocado or olive oil
- 2 pounds bone-in (or boneless, if you prefer) chicken thighs (about 6–8 pieces)
- 1 9-ounce bag of shredded cabbage and carrots OR 1 medium head of green or red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 pound bag of cauliflower rice or 1 medium head of cauliflower, broken into florets and riced in a food processor
- 1 cup bone broth
- 2 teaspoons Garlic & Herb spice blend
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 fresh lemon, sliced (optional, for serving)
- Heat 1 teaspoon of avocado or olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the chicken thighs for 2-3 minutes per side, turning once to brown lightly on each side.
- Place the shredded cabbage mixture in the bottom of a large slow-cooker (at least 6 quarts). Add the cauliflower rice on top.
- Next, place the chicken thighs on top of the vegetables and add the bone broth and Garlic & Herb spice blend.
- Cover the slow-cooker with the lid and set to cook on high for at least 6 hours (or up to 8 hours).
- Serve the chicken and veggies with a wedge of lemon and salt and pepper, to taste. Remove the bone before consuming.
Serve this dish with cooked rice or roasted potatoes, if you like.