This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
For busy weeknights, here’s an easy and delicious Crockpot Chicken Thighs & Cabbage recipe that your family will love! Gluten-free and dairy-free.
Easy Crockpot Chicken Dinner
The trusty slow-cooker has been my friend for over a decade, ever since I first started learning how to cook. I now have three slow-cookers in my kitchen of varying size, along with two pressure cookers. The one I used for this recipe is my largest one, and it holds 6 quarts.
This easy slow cooker chicken recipe takes 6-8 hours on high to cook through, or you can cook it for 10-12 hours on low. You can use chicken thighs or chicken cutlets, whichever you prefer.
I like to use:
- bone-in chicken thighs
- green or red cabbage
- cauliflower rice
- and seasonings
Honestly, this is such a great, easy meal that you serve right out of the pot or with steamed rice or cooked potatoes or pasta.
How to Make Crockpot Chicken Thighs
Once you’ve gotten everything together, you just layer the ingredients in your slow-cooker, pop on the lid, and let it do its magic. I used organic bone-in chicken thighs for the ultimate in flavor. Just remember to remove the bone before serving.
This recipe is paleo, gluten-free, grain-free, and perfect for Whole30 diets too! As mentioned, if you’re not on a low-carb diet, you can serve the cooked chicken and vegetables with steamed white or brown rice. But, this chicken recipe is also great just served right out of the crockpot.
Items recommended for this recipe:
- 6-quart slow-cooker
- Food processor for the vegetables if you don’t want to buy the bagged versions (this food processor changed my life, I adore it)
- Organic chicken bone broth in a carton if you don’t have time to make your own
Healthy Slow Cooker Meals
If you liked this recipe you might like my other healthy slow cooker meals, including:
- Crockpot Chicken with Green Chiles
- Crockpot Coconut Chicken with Potatoes & Vegetables
- Crockpot Mexican Chicken and Rice
Here’s the printable recipe:Print
An easy slow-cooker meal for busy weeknights.
- 1 large head of green or red cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound bag of cauliflower rice or 1 medium head of cauliflower, broken into florets and riced in a food processor
- 2 pounds bone-in (or boneless, if you prefer) chicken thighs (about 6–8 pieces)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place the chopped cabbage in the bottom of a large slow-cooker (at least 6 quarts). Add the cauliflower rice on top.
- Next, place the chicken thighs on top of the vegetables and add the broth, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Cover the slow-cooker with the lid and set to cook on high for at least 6 hours (or up to 8 hours).
- Serve the chicken and veggies hot, and be sure to remove the bone before consuming.
This dish is great served with steamed white or brown rice. Store any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container for up to 4 days.