When you want a quick soup recipe, you’ve got to try this Vitamix Tomato Soup. It’s easy to make and tastes like a classic American favorite. This recipe is made in less than 20 minutes and is vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free.
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup unsweetened plant milk (I used almond milk)
- 2 14.5–ounce cans diced tomatoes (with the juices)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- In the base of a Vitamix, combine the broth, milk, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, olive oil, garlic clove, oregano, salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Turn the blender up to high and process for 5-6 minutes, or until the soup has started to steam.
- Turn the blender off and carefully remove the lid. Serve immediately.
- For even more flavor, you can use fire roasted tomatoes.
- You can also use 1 28-ounce can of diced tomatoes, with the juices.
- If you aren’t vegetarian or vegan, you can use chicken broth instead of vegetable broth (for more protein).
- If you don’t have dried oregano, you can use dried basil, dried thyme, or dried Italian seasoning.
- You can leave out the sugar if you are on a low-sugar diet.
- You can use other dried herbs instead of or in addition to the dried oregano. Dried rosemary or dried thyme would be great too.
- If you aren’t on a vegan or dairy-free diet, you can use heavy cream instead of plant milk.
- If you don’t want to heat the soup in the blender, then you can process it until the mixture is smooth. Then, pour the mixture into a medium saucepan and heat over medium heat until simmering.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: vegan vitamix tomato soup, blender tomato soup, healthy tomato soup