This delicious immune-boosting Strawberry Green Smoothie is a delicious and nutritious way to start the day. This recipe is dairy-free, but so creamy and satisfying.
- 1 1/2 cups filtered water
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 1/4 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (or your choice of nut or seed butter)
- 2 pitted dates
- 1 large handful of baby spinach, Swiss chard, baby kale, or collard greens
- 2 scoops protein powder of your choice
- In the base of a high-speed blender, combine the water, hemp seeds, banana, strawberries, peanut butter, dates, greens, and protein powder.
- Process on high for about 30-45 seconds, or until the smoothie is creamy and fully blended.
- Serve immediately.
- Even if you’re using a high-speed blender, it’s always good practice to layer your ingredients into the blender with the liquids on the bottom. This will help the motor run efficiently, pulling the frozen ingredients and greens into the blades and getting a smooth consistency.
- I always recommend using a mixture of fruits in a smoothie, especially pairing fruits with soluble fiber like bananas, mango, and pears, with non-soluble fibrous fruits like berries. This will also help create a nice, creamy consistency to your smoothie.
- Feel free to use whatever nut butter you like. Peanut butter is always my favorite, but almond butter, cashew butter, or pumpkin seed butters are awesome too.
- I also like to add a couple of dates to this healthy smoothie to help sweeten it up. If you don’t want the sugar, then you can leave them out, or you can feel free to use a couple of teaspoons of raw honey, if you prefer. But, most people will want a little added sweetness with either the dates or honey.
- Lastly, I recommend adding a couple of scoops of collagen protein to this recipe to help balance the macronutrients. If you are vegan, try this unsweetened vegan protein powder.
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: dairy free green smoothie, vegan green smoothie