- 1 1/2 cups filtered water
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 1/4 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (or your choice of nut or seed butter)
- 2 pitted dates
- 2 large handfuls of Swiss chard (the leaves from one bunch)
- 2 scoops protein powder of your choice
- In the base of a high-speed blender, combine the water, hemp seeds, banana, strawberries, peanut butter, dates, Swiss chard, and protein powder.
- Process on high for about 30-45 seconds, or until the smoothie is creamy and fully blended.
- Serve immediately.
- Even if you’re using a high-speed blender, it’s always good practice to layer your ingredients into the blender with the liquids on the bottom. This will help the motor run efficiently, pulling the frozen ingredients and greens into the blades and getting a smooth consistency.
- I always recommend using a mixture of fruits in a smoothie, especially pairing fruits with soluble fiber like bananas, mango, and pears, with non-soluble fibrous fruits like berries. This will also help create a nice, creamy consistency to your smoothie.
- Feel free to use whatever nut butter you like. Peanut butter is always my favorite, but almond butter, cashew butter, or pumpkin seed butters are awesome too.
- I also like to add a couple of dates to this healthy smoothie to help sweeten it up. If you don’t want the sugar, then you can leave them out, or you can feel free to use a couple of teaspoons of raw honey or maple syrup, if you prefer.
- You can discard the stems from the Swiss chard, or you can save them and use them in another recipe, like a stir fry.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: dairy free green smoothie, vegan green smoothie, rainbow chard smoothie