Dairy-Free Strawberry Green Smoothie
This delicious immune-boosting Strawberry Green Smoothie is a delicious and nutritious way to start the day. This recipe is dairy-free, but so creamy and satisfying.
But, even if you just have a regular blender, you can make this easy smoothie recipe.
If you’re new to making smoothies, I recommend that you follow my recipe exactly. If you’re a smoothie-making pro, then you can get more creative with your ingredients. But, I think this is an excellent basic green smoothie recipe that even kids will drink.
Most conventional smoothies use yogurt as the smoothie base. This usually works well because yogurt is creamy and contains a lot of protein. But, for making a dairy-free smoothie, I like to use hemp seeds and water as the base. The hemp seeds are nutritious and are a nice source of plant-based protein, and they turn very creamy when blended with the water and other ingredients.
- Even if you’re using a high-speed blender, it’s always good practice to layer your ingredients into the blender with the liquids on the bottom. This will help the motor run efficiently, pulling the frozen ingredients and greens into the blades and getting a smooth consistency.
- I always recommend using a mixture of fruits in a smoothie, especially pairing fruits with soluble fiber like bananas, mango, and pears, with non-soluble fibrous fruits like berries. This will also help create a nice, creamy consistency to your smoothie.
- Feel free to use whatever nut butter you like. Peanut butter is always my favorite, but almond butter, cashew butter, or pumpkin seed butters are awesome too.
- I also like to add a couple of dates to this healthy smoothie to help sweeten it up. If you don’t want the sugar, then you can leave them out, or you can feel free to use a couple of teaspoons of raw honey, if you prefer. But, most people will want a little added sweetness with either the dates or honey.
- Lastly, I recommend adding a couple of scoops of collagen protein to this recipe to help balance the macronutrients. If you are vegan, try this unsweetened vegan protein powder.
This delicious fruit smoothie recipe is just perfect for breakfast. With the collagen protein or your favorite protein powder, it has a nice balance of macronutrients and it’s jammed full of nutrition, too.
This recipe makes 2 servings, with each serving containing approximately:
- 340 calories
- 13 grams fat
- 40 carbs
- 7 grams fiber
- 20 grams protein
- 105% recommended intake of vitamin C
- and 40% recommended intake of magnesium
Other Easy Recipes
I love making and sharing smoothie recipes! Here are some that I think you will like (see my entire healthy smoothie index):
- Anti-Cancer Breakfast Smoothie
- Broccoli Sprout Smoothie
- Immune-Boosting Orange Banana Smoothie
- Power Green Smoothie for energy and skin
- Vanilla Smoothie using frozen cauliflower
Here is my printable recipe:Print
Dairy-Free Strawberry Beet Smoothie
This delicious Strawberry Beet Smoothie is a delicious and nutritious way to start the day. This recipe is dairy-free and vegan-friendly, but is so creamy and satisfying.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: High-speed blender
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 large cooked beets, cut in half
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 scoop protein powder
- In the base of a high speed blender, combine the almond milk, frozen strawberries, beets, frozen bananas, almond butter, and protein powder.
- Turn on high and process for 30 seconds, or until the smoothie is thick and creamy.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
Keywords: beet smoothie, detox smoothie, vegan beet smoothie