- 8 ounces shredded kale salad, from about 1 large bunch (see notes)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 4 pitted Medjool dates
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 shallot
- 1/3 cup tahini or almond butter
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Place the shredded kale in a medium mixing bowl.
- Then, combine the almond milk, dates, lime juice, shallot, and tahini or almond butter in the base of a high-speed blender.
- Blend on high for about 30 seconds, or until the dressing is creamy.
- Pour the dressing over the kale and use a spatula or your hands to toss the salad. Make sure that the dressing gets evenly distributed on the kale.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate before serving. The kale will get more tender as it sits with the dressing.
- The easiest way to make a kale salad is to buy pre-washed and shredded kale. But, if you want to save money, then you can always wash and shred it yourself. Just buy one bunch of curly green or purple kale, rinse the leaves under running water, and then pat them dry. Pull off each leaf from the stems, place them in a mixing bowl, and then use scissors or your hands to shred the leaves into bite-sized pieces. Or, you can use the shredding dish on a food processor to shred the kale (be sure not to over-process the kale or it will start to break down)
- Store any leftovers in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- To make this a main dish, serve the kale salad with your favorite cooked protein, including grilled or baked tofu cubes, crumbled tempeh, grilled sliced chicken, or cooked steak. If you use an animal protein, then the salad will no longer be vegan.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: kale salad with tahini dressing, strangely addictive kale salad, almond butter kale salad dressing