This Dairy-Free Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips is the perfect way to use up ripe bananas. Use regular or gluten-free flour to adapt this easy recipe to your family’s needs.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup all purpose flour or gluten-free baking flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 gluten-free baking flour)
- ½ cup coconut sugar (you can use white sugar or brown sugar, if you prefer)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips, divided
- 3 ripe bananas
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the baking flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and ¼ cup of the chocolate chips. Whisk the ingredients together and set aside.
- Next, place the peeled bananas in the base of a food processor. Add the coconut oil, vanilla, and eggs. Process on high for 30-45 seconds, or until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool for about 10 minutes before serving. The bread will be even easier to slice once it has cooled completely and been refrigerated for several hours.
- The bread will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- If you don’t want chocolate chips in your banana bread, you can feel free to leave them out.
- If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a fork to mash the bananas in a bowl and then add the other wet ingredients.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: clean eating banana bread, gluten-free and dairy-free banana bread