Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
I hope you love this Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread as much as I do. It’s a delicious way to use up ripe bananas. This recipe is also dairy-free and vegan-friendly.
- Author: Carrie Forrest, MPH in Nutrition
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 75 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup gluten-free baking flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips, divided
- 3 ripe bananas
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 chia or regular eggs*
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the baking flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and ¼ cup of the chocolate chips. Whisk the ingredients together and set aside.
- Next, place the peeled bananas in the base of a food processor. Add the coconut oil, vanilla, and eggs. Process on high for 30-45 seconds, or until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool for about 10 minutes before serving. The bread will be even easier to slice once it has cooled completely and been refrigerated for several hours.
The bread will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
*For vegan, use two chia eggs made by combining two tablespoons of chia seeds with 6 tablespoons of water. Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes before using.
Keywords: vegan and gluten free banana bread, chocolate chip banana bread, healthy banana bread