This recipe for Gluten-Free Berry Crisp is a delicious dessert that can be served at anytime of year. Use frozen or fresh berries topped with a sweet crisp topping. Vegan, paleo-friendly, and dairy-free.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1.5 pounds fresh or frozen berries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (for paleo, use a grain-free flour like cassava flour)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a medium-sized baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Place your fresh or frozen berries in a mixing bowl and toss them with the maple syrup, arrowroot starch, and lemon juice.
- Then, pour the berries into a baking dish.
- Make your berry crisp topping by combining in another bowl the flour, coconut sugar, peans, coconut oil, and a pinch of sea salt. Stir to combine until the topping is crumbly.
- Next, spread the crisp topping over the berries and bake for 40 minutes, or until the topping starts to turn a golden brown and the berries are bubbling up around the edges of the baking dish.
- Let the berry crisp cool for a few minutes before serving. You can serve the crisp plain, or with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- I like to serve the berry crisp with either coconut whipped cream or coconut vanilla ice cream.
- If you use fresh berries instead of frozen berries, you can reduce the cooking time to 30 minutes.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: berry crumble, gluten-free berry dessert