This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Last Updated on
Here’s healthy Berry Crumble recipe that is gluten-free and dairy-free! The secret to the grain-free topping is cassava flour.
Before sharing more pictures and the recipe, though, I have to tell you some very sad news. This past weekend Alan and I love our beloved cat, Xena.
Alan and I are both still recovering from this loss, and that’s another reason why a dessert recipe seemed appropriate for today. Something sweet always helps:
Make this for yourself and please let me know how you like it.
Items you’ll need for this grain free berry crumble recipe (some affiliate links included):Print
This is a grain-free healthy dessert that is both paleo-friendly and vegan.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries*
- 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries*
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, or the beans of one vanilla pod
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- For the crumble topping:
- ½ cup cassava flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- *if using frozen berries, defrost them in the refrigerator overnight, or by heating in a saucepan or in the microwave)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Spray an 8”x8” glass baking dish lightly with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the blueberries and strawberries in a mixing bowl, and stir in the vanilla extract and lemon juice. Pour the mixture into your baking dish.
- To make the crumble topping, stir together the cassava flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, sea salt, and coconut oil in a clean bowl. Use your hands if necessary to ensure that the mixture becomes crumbly and not dry.
- Use a tablespoon to drop the crumble mixture on top of the berry mixture, spreading it out as evenly as possible.
- Bake the mixture for 45 minutes, or until the topping starts to brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes before eating.
- If you like, serve with a dash of your favorite dairy-free milk, yogurt, or ice cream, for added creaminess.
Pin this crumble recipe for later:
As mentioned, I’d love to stay connected with you by e-mail! Sign up here to receive my weekly newsletter with all the latest news and insider info.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you. I promise.