Homemade Chocolate Mint Tea is a comforting, delicious beverage that is so easy to make with just a few ingredients. You can use regular mint leaves or the leaves of a Chocolate Mint plant.
- 5–10 fresh mint leaves (you can use regular mint leaves or chocolate mint leaves)
- 16 ounces hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon chocolate extract (optional, for added chocolate flavor)
- Divide the mint leaves between two mugs.
- Pour the hot water over the mint.
- Use the back of a spoon to muddle the leaves a bit to release the mint flavor.
- Let the mugs sit for a few minutes so the mint can infuse the hot water.
- Stir in the chocolate extract (optional).
- Remove the mint leaves before serving the tea hot.
- You can use regular spearmint or peppermint leaves in this recipe. But, to add a natural chocolate flavor, use the leaves of a chocolate mint plant.
- To make iced chocolate mint tea, follow steps 1-4. Then, pour the tea into a glass container and place in the refrigerator for several hours to chill before serving.
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to make homemade chocolate mint tea, tea recipe using leaves of chocolate mint plant