Homemade Chocolate Mint Tea
Homemade Chocolate Mint Tea is a comforting, delicious beverage that is so easy to make with just a few ingredients. You can use regular mint leaves or the leaves of a Chocolate Mint plant.
Chocolate Mint Tea is one of life’s simple pleasures, and it’s so easy to make right at home. You can use plain mint leaves for this chocolate drink, or you can use the leaves of an actual Chocolate Mint Plant for a chocolate mint-infused beverage.
A Chocolate Mint plant is a member of the mint family, but has a natural chocolate flavor to the leaves. If you ever come across a Chocolate Mint plant at a nursery or farmers’ market, you might want to consider buying one just for the purpose of making Chocolate Mint Tea.
However, since this plant can be invasive if planted in the ground, you might consider leaving it in a pot or raised garden bed to help contain it.
If you only have access to regular fresh mint, then you can still add chocolate flavor to your Homemade Chocolate Mint Tea. You’ll just need a couple of drops of a chocolate extract.
It’s so incredibly easy to make homemade chocolate mint tea, and it’s tastes a million times better than any bagged chocolate mint tea I’ve tried.
Place your fresh mint leaves in two mugs.
Pour hot water over the mint into the mug. Use the back of a spoon to muddle the mint with the hot water.
Please see the recipe card at the end of this post for the exact ingredients and measurements.
Add about 1/4 teaspoon of chocolate extract if you are using plain mint leaves as opposed to the leaves of a Chocolate Mint plant. Or, if you don’t have chocolate extract, you can stir in a teaspoon of cocoa powder or cacao powder.
Let the mint flavor steep in the hot water a few minutes before serving.
This is such a simple recipe, but I hope you love it as much as I do.
You might also like my guide on how to make Mint Iced Tea.
You can, but it has a nice, natural sweetness from the mint. So, try it first before you add any sweetener (see my list of the best sugar alternatives).
I see them at the farmers’ market every once in awhile. But, you can buy a plant at most nurseries.
Other Healthy Beverages You Might Like
- Beet Juice
- Coconut Matcha Latte
- Cucumber Ginger Lemon Water
- Celery Juice
- Celery Cucumber Juice
- Lemon Cinnamon Water
- Vitamix Orange Juice
- Matcha Coffee
I hope you make this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment and a starred review below.Print
- 5–10 fresh mint leaves (you can use regular mint leaves or chocolate mint leaves)
- 16 ounces hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon chocolate extract or 1 teaspoon cocoa powder or cacao powder (optional, for added chocolate flavor)
- Divide the mint leaves between two mugs.
- Pour the hot water over the mint.
- Use the back of a spoon to muddle the leaves a bit to release the mint flavor.
- Let the mugs sit for a few minutes so the mint can infuse the hot water.
- Stir in the chocolate extract or cocoa powder or cacao powder.
- Remove the mint leaves before serving the tea hot.
- You can use regular spearmint or peppermint leaves in this recipe. But, to add a natural chocolate flavor, use the leaves of a chocolate mint plant.
- To make iced chocolate mint tea, follow steps 1-4. Then, pour the tea into a glass container and place in the refrigerator for several hours to chill before serving.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: how to make homemade chocolate mint tea, tea recipe using leaves of chocolate mint plant
Don’t forget to join the Clean Eating Kitchen newsletter. You’ll get my Clean Eating Quick Start Guide, plus links to all the latest recipes.