You’ll love this vegan and paleo recipe for Homemade Peppermint Patties. They are so fun and yummy, and made without oil or refined sugar.
- 1/3 cup coconut butter
- 1/3 cup cocoa butter
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 tablespoons raw honey or maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla bean powder or 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup dairy-free chocolate baking chips
- Combine coconut butter and cocoa butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until the coconut and cocoa butters are melted and remove from heat. Whisk in the vanilla, honey, and peppermint extract.
- Use a serving spoon to carefully pour the mixture into a silicone mold (I used this one) or a mini muffin tray.
- Place the mold or tray into the freezer for at least 30 minutes to set. This will be the bottom layer of your peppermint patties.
- After 30 minutes, remove the tray and set aside.
- Place the chocolate baking chips in a double-boiler or a microwavable bowl. Heat until just melted, stirring until smooth. Pour the chocolate over the peppermint patties to form the top layer.
- Place your mold or tray back in the freezer for at least another 30 minutes or until the chocolate has re-solidified. Carefully remove the patties from the mold or tray and serve cold or slightly cool.
- If your house is warm, keep leftovers in the fridge so they don’t melt.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 70