Homemade Peppermint Patties (3-Ingredients)
You’ll love this vegan and paleo recipe for Homemade Peppermint Patties. They are so fun and yummy, and made with only 3 ingredients. This recipe is also keto-friendly using sugar-free chocolate chips.
If you love the combination of chocolate and peppermint like I do, then you’ve got to try this easy 3-ingredient recipe for Homemade Peppermint Patties.
Whether you’re on a dairy-free, vegan, paleo, sugar-free, or keto diet, you can enjoy these delicious treats. You may be tempted to make them just for the holidays, but they are actually great for anytime of year. This no-bake dessert is one of my favorite indulgences.
Let me show you how easy it is to make these Homemade Peppermint Patties.
While there are a few steps to make homemade peppermint patties, it’s a very straightforward recipe. You really just have to melt the chocolate and coconut butter separately to make three layers to the patties.
Melt one cup of the chocolate chips and pour them into the bottom of your molds. I linked to the silicone mold I linked below. Or, you can use a mini muffin tray.
You should have enough chocolate to make between 16-18 patties.
To make the coconut butter/peppermint layer, melt the coconut butter and stir in the peppermint extract. Then, use a spoon to divide that mixture on top of the chocolate base layer.
Don’t worry if the coconut butter layer is messy. Your final layer of chocolate will cover it up.
Melt the rest of your chocolate chips and layer them on top of the coconut butter and peppermint layer. Refrigerate your homemade peppermint patties until they are solid.
Then, remove the patties from your mold and serve cold or at room temperature.
Coconut butter is a whole food. It is simply coconut flesh that is naturally sweet with no added sugar. I usually buy mine online, but you can also make coconut butter at home.
Not really. The chocolate and peppermint flavors are the most prominent.
- Organic coconut butter, also called coconut manna
- Vegan chocolate baking chips
- Peppermint extract
- Silicone daisy flexible mold
More Healthy Chocolate Dessert Recipes You Might Like
- 2-Ingredient Fudge
- Double Chocolate Edible Brownie Batter Cookie Dough
- Avocado Chocolate Pudding
- Chocolate Strawberry Chia Pudding
- Coconut Flour Chocolate Mug Cake
- No-Bake Vegan Brownies
- Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds
I hope you make this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment and a starred review below.Print
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips, divided into 1 cup and 1/2 cup (be sure to use dairy-free chocolate chips or sugar-free chocolate chips, depending on your needs)
- 1/2 cup coconut butter, also called coconut manna
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- Place one cup of the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat the chocolate chips in 30 second increments, stirring the chips each time. After about 1 minute and 30 seconds, the chips should be fully melted and easy to stir together.
- Use a spoon to divide the melted chocolate into the bottom of your mold or mini muffin tray.
- Gently tap the mold or tray on a hard surface to make sure the chocolate evenly covers the bottom of the mold.
- Place the mold or tray in the freezer for about 20 minutes to harden.
- Then, place the coconut butter in a small glass dish. Microwave for 30-45 seconds, or until the coconut butter is soft. Stir in the peppermint extract.
- Remove your mold from the freezer and use a clean spoon to divide the coconut butter on top of the solid chocolate layer.
- Then, place the mold back in the freezer for another 15 minutes to harden.
- Finally, place the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 30 second increments until they are melted, about 1 minute total.
- Remove the mold from the freezer and use a spoon to divide the melted chocolate on top of the patties. The chocolate should cover the white coconut butter. Gently tap the mold to smooth out the top layer of chocolate.
- Place the mold in the freezer for 20 more minutes, or until the top layer has hardened.
- When you’re ready to serve the Peppermint Patties, simply remove them from the mold and serve cold or at room temperature.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 7-10 days.
- VEGAN & PALEO: Be sure to use dairy-free chocolate chips.
- KETO: Use sugar-free chocolate chips. Please note that the nutrition label attached to this recipe applies to the non-keto version.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave, freezer
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: how to make homemade healthy peppermint patties, dairy-free peppermint patties, homemade york peppermint patties
Don’t forget to join the Clean Eating Kitchen newsletter. You’ll get my Clean Eating Quick Start Guide, plus links to all the latest recipes.