- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine the olive oil, mustard, vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper in a jar. Screw on the lid and shake vigorously for 20-30 seconds, or until the ingredients have combined.
- Use immediately, or store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- You can use avocado oil instead of olive oil, if you prefer.
- To make this recipe, replace the honey with maple syrup.
- You can also use whole grain mustard or yellow mustard instead of Dijon mustard.
- Adjust the ingredients to your taste! Follow the recipe and then taste the dressing. If you like it sweeter, add more honey. If you like it with more mustard flavor, add some extra mustard. Just do it gradually, you can always add more, but you can’t take it out!
- This dressing tastes amazing on more than salad. You can drizzle it on roasted vegetables, mixed greens, rice bowls, or as a quick dressing for potato salad.
- Honey mustard dressing is perfect if you love to meal prep. Make it at the beginning of the week and pop it on mixed greens for a quick salad.
- For a thicker salad dressing, blend the dressing together in a food processor. This will keep the mustard dressing thick and emulsified.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Category: Salad Dressings
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 104
- Sugar: 1.8 g
- Sodium: 116.5 mg
- Fat: 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.9 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: honey mustard vinaigrette, homemade vinaigrette, homemade salad dressing