This Instant Pot Artichokes recipe is so easy and healthy. You’ll love how fast it is to make them in a pressure cooker. This recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free.
- 2 large artichokes
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- Cut off the stems of the artichokes with a sharp knife so the bases are flat.
- Add the stainless steel trivet to the base of a 3-quart or 6-quart Instant Pot pressure cooker.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water to the bowl for steaming.
- Place the artichokes upside down (flat side up) on the trivet. Lock on the lid.
- Use the manual setting to set the cooking time to 23 minutes at high pressure. You can either use the manual release or the natural release.
- To serve the artichokes, use tongs to place them on a large plate. Squeeze the lemon over the artichokes and drizzle on the olive oil. Sprinkle on the salt and pepper and serve immediately.
You might need to adjust the time based on the size of artichokes you are cooking. For large artichokes, set the time for 23 minutes. For medium artichokes, set the time to 18 minutes.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: pressure cooker
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: how to cook artichokes in an instant pot, easy artichokes recipe, pressure cooker artichokes