How to cook artichokes in a pressure cooker
- 2 large artichokes
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- You do need to cut off the stems of the artichokes with a sharp knife.
- Add the stainless steel trivet to the base of a 3-quart or 6-quart Instant Pot pressure cooker.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water to the bowl for steaming.
- Place the artichokes upside down (stem side up) on the trivet. Lock on the lid.
- Use the manual setting to set the cooking time to 23 minutes. You can either use the manual release or the natural release.
- To serve the artichokes, use tongs to place them on a large plate. Squeeze the lemon over the artichokes and drizzle on the olive oil. Sprinkle on the salt and pepper and serve immediately.