- 4 large artichokes
- 1 1/4 cups water (for cooking)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- Cut off the stems of the artichokes with a sharp knife so the bases are flat.
- Add the stainless steel trivet to the base of a 6-quart Instant Pot pressure cooker.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water to the bowl for steaming.
- Place the artichokes upside down (base side up) on the trivet. Lock on the lid.
- Use the manual setting to set the cooking time to 23 minutes at high pressure. You can either use the manual release or the natural release (use a natural release of at least 10 minutes for a softer cooked artichoke).
- To make the dipping sauce, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- To serve the artichokes, use tongs to place them on a large plate with the dipping sauce on the side.
- You might need to adjust the time based on the size of artichokes you are cooking. For extra large artichokes, set the time for 28 minutes. For medium artichokes, set the time to 18 minutes. For baby or small artichokes, set the time to 10 minutes.
- The best way to eat an artichoke is to pull off each leaf, turn it over, and use your teeth to scrape or bite off the last 1/3 of each leaf. You won’t be able to eat the whole leaves because they are too tough.Once you get to the inside of the artichoke, called the artichoke heart, you will need to use a knife or a spoon to scrape out the fuzzy part. Then, you can eat the base of the artichoke, also called the artichoke heart.
- The total cooking time for this recipe includes 10 minutes for the pot to come up to pressure, plus the cooking time and the natural release time.
- For vegan diets, use a vegan mayonnaise.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 23 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: pressure cooker
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: how to cook artichokes in an instant pot, easy artichokes recipe, pressure cooker artichokes