This Instant Pot Artichokes recipe is so easy and healthy. You’ll love how much faster it is to make them in a pressure cooker.
How to Cook Artichokes in an Instant Pot
I’ll show you how to cook artichokes in the Instant Pot in this post. You no longer have to endlessly steam them on the stovetop, just lock on the lid and let the pressure cooker do all of the work.
Artichokes happen to be one of my favorite vegetables ever, and that is saying a lot since I don’t love vegetables. In fact, when I was little, my mom used to ask my sister and me what special dinner or food we wanted for our birthdays and, you guessed it, my special food was artichokes.
How many artichokes can I cook in an Instant Pot?
How do I cook artichokes in an Instant Pot?
Cut off the stems with a sharp knife. You’ll also need to use the stainless steel trivet that comes with your pressure cooker. Add 1 1/2 cups of water to the bowl for steaming.
Place the artichokes upside down (stem side up) on the trivet. Lock on the lid.
Use the manual setting to set the cooking time to 23 minutes. You can either use the manual release or the natural release. I like a really soft artichoke, so I use the natural release.
How to Serve Your Instant Pot Artichokes
As far as how to serve your perfectly cooked artichokes made in the Instant Pot, my recommendation is a drizzle of olive oil, a squeeze of fresh lemon, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Done!
If you prefer a creamy sauce for dipping, I would recommend a paleo brand of mayonnaise. Otherwise, my motto is to keep it simple with my easy method of lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper.
If you like this easy-peasy Instant Pot artichoke recipe, then you might like:
- Instant Pot Cabbage
- Instant Pot Sweet Potato Mash
- Instant Pot Red Potatoes
- Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash
Here’s the printable recipe for these Instant Pot Artichokes:Print
How to cook artichokes in a pressure cooker
- 2 medium artichokes
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- You do need to cut off the stems of the artichokes with a sharp knife.
- Add the stainless steel trivet to the base of a 3-quart or 6-quart Instant Pot pressure cooker.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water to the bowl for steaming.
- Place the artichokes upside down (stem side up) on the trivet. Lock on the lid.
- Use the manual setting to set the cooking time to 23 minutes. You can either use the manual release or the natural release.
- To serve the artichokes, use tongs to place them on a large plate. Squeeze the lemon over the artichokes and drizzle on the olive oil. Sprinkle on the salt and pepper and serve immediately.
If you’re haven’t yet bought your own Instant Pot, I highly suggest the 6-quart version that you can get on Amazon for a great price.
Save this Instant Pot Artichokes recipe to your favorite healthy Pinterest board:
Don’t miss a recipe! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!