Garlic Roasted Chickpeas
These Garlic Roasted Chickpeas are perfect for making a crispy and crunchy gluten free snack. Both kids and adults love these roasted garbanzo beans. Vegan, gluten-free, and super healthy!
- Author: Carrie Forrest, MBA, MPH in Nutrition
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Snacks, side dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegan
- 2 (15-ounce) cans of chickpeas (also called garbanzo beans)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning or 1 teaspoon each dried dill and dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried onion*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas and spread them out on a paper towel-lined baking sheet. Pat them dry.
- Transfer the chickpeas to a mixing bowl. Pour the coconut oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, dried onion, and salt over the chickpeas and stir to combine.
- Spread the chickpeas on your baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the tray halfway through the baking process and use a spatula to stir the chickpeas.
- Let the chickpeas cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.
* You can leave out the dried onion if you don’t have it on hand.
Keywords: roasted chickpeas, roasted garbanzo beans, how to roast chickpeas