Roasted Chickpeas are a healthy and delicious snack.
- 2 (15-ounce) cans of chickpeas (also called garbanzo beans)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning*
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas and spread them out on a paper towel-lined baking sheet. Pat them dry.
- Transfer the chickpeas to a mixing bowl. Pour the coconut oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, dried onion, and salt over the chickpeas and stir to combine.
- Spread the chickpeas on your baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the tray halfway through the baking process and use a spatula to stir the chickpeas.
- Let the chickpeas cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.
If you don’t have Italian seasoning, you can substitute 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, and 1 teaspoon dried basil.