This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Last Updated on
This Roasted Chickpeas recipe is perfect for making a crispy and crunchy gluten free snack. Both kids and adults love these roasted garbanzo beans.
Roasted chickpeas are a great way to add some healthy crunch to your life, whether as a crispy snack or as a topping for a salad. These roasted little bites are full of flavor and salty satisfaction. This healthy chickpea recipe is also great for potlucks and parties.
How to Make Roasted Chickpeas
You won’t believe how easy it is to make roasted chickpeas! All you need are canned chickpeas (also called garbanzo beans), coconut oil, and some spices. You can get creative with the spices that you add to your roasted garbanzo beans, but I like to use Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder. Plus, I always add a little sea salt to add more flavor.
The steps to making roasted chickpeas include:
1. Drain and rinse your chickpeas. Pat them dry to make sure they get really crispy in the oven.
2. Toss them with the oil and spices.
3. Bake them for 45 minutes at 400 degrees.
4. Let them cool slightly before serving. Or, let them cool completely for ultimate crispiness.
What could be better than a healthy snack that is super crunchy and satisfying?
Chickpeas are legumes and are:
- High in protein
- High in fiber
- Great source of folate and plant-based iron
I once turned chickpeas into dessert hummus! But, when I’m craving a salty snack, I turn to this recipe.
Here’s my printable recipe for these healthy and crispy Roasted Chickpeas:Print
Roasted Chickpeas are a healthy and delicious snack.
- 2 (15-ounce) cans of chickpeas (also called garbanzo beans)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning*
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas and spread them out on a paper towel-lined baking sheet. Pat them dry.
- Transfer the chickpeas to a mixing bowl. Pour the coconut oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, dried onion, and salt over the chickpeas and stir to combine.
- Spread the chickpeas on your baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the tray halfway through the baking process and use a spatula to stir the chickpeas.
- Let the chickpeas cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.
If you don’t have Italian seasoning, you can substitute 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, and 1 teaspoon dried basil.
Pin this Roasted Chickpea Recipe to Pinterest to save it!
Don’t miss a recipe! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!