Instant Pot Brown Lentils (Basic Recipe)
This recipe for Instant Pot Brown Lentils is so easy and versatile. Cooked lentils can be used in soups, salads, or even made into lentil burgers.
- Author: Carrie Forrest, MPH in Nutrition
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Basics
- Method: Instant Pot pressure cooker
- Cuisine: Vegan, gluten-free, healthy
- 1 cup brown or green lentils, rinsed well and drained
- 1 3/4 cup filtered water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the rinsed lentils and water in the base of a 6-quart pressure cooker. Add the salt and pepper.
- Lock on the lid and set the time to 10 minutes at high pressure.
- When the cooking time is complete, let the pressure come down naturally for about 10 minutes. Then, use the quick-release to release any remaining pressure.
- Serve the lentils hot or at room temperature.
Store your cooked lentils in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also freeze cooked lentils in a tightly-sealed container for up to 2 months.
Keywords: pressure cooker lentils, how to cook lentils, brown lentils