Quinoa & Chickpea Salad (Gluten-Free & Vegan)
This vegan Quinoa & Chickpea Salad was the result of my cravings for a plant-based meal. Freshly-squeezed Meyer lemon juice and sliced avocado added tons of flavor, too.
I came across a giant bag of quinoa when I was cleaning out my pantry during one of the power outages we had during the rains (because what else am I supposed to do when my internet is down?! Ha).
I prefer to buy quinoa that is pre-washed like this one so that just saves a messy step that would previously result in wet quinoa pieces all over my kitchen. That’s no fun to clean-up. Anywho, once you make the quinoa, all you have to do is chop some veggies, open a can o’ beans, and you got it:
I didn’t even add any oil to this recipe, just a squeeze of a Meyer lemon and a chopped avocado for some healthy fat. Alan and I ate this almost every day last week for lunch. He never even complained about it getting monotonous. So, either he wasn’t paying attention, or he really liked it. Win!
- Pre-washed organic quinoa
- Chickpeas in a BPA-free can
- PFOA-free non-stick cookware
- Glass mixing bowl set
Here’s my printable recipe:Print
Quinoa & Chickpea Salad (Vegan)
This salad is as easy as cooking quinoa and adding chickpeas and chopped veggies. Squeeze some lemon on top and add chopped avocado. Done!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch of parsley, stems removed and leaves chopped (to yield about ½ cup tightly packed leaves)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 Meyer lemon, juiced
- 1 large avocado, sliced open, peeled, and cut into bite-sized pieces
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the quinoa according to the package instructions.
- Combine the cooked quinoa, chickpeas, chopped parsley, chopped bell pepper, chopped green onions, lemon juice, and avocado in a large mixing bowl. Add salt and pepper and stir to make sure everything is combined.
- Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 5-6 days.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 250
Keywords: quinoa salad vegan