This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Last Updated on
This vegan Quinoa & Chickpea Salad was the result of my cravings for a plant-based meal. Freshly-squeezed Meyer lemon juice and sliced avocado added tons of flavor, too.
Springtime is coming, it really is! We actually saw the sun in California starting late last week, so my mood brightened and I started to yearn for some lighter flavors.
I came across a giant bag of quinoa when I was cleaning out my pantry during one of the power outages we had during the rains (because what else am I supposed to do when my internet is down?! Ha).
I prefer to buy quinoa that is pre-washed like this one so that just saves a messy step that would previously result in wet quinoa pieces all over my kitchen. That’s no fun to clean-up. Anywho, once you make the quinoa, all you have to do is chop some veggies, open a can o’ beans, and you got it:
I didn’t even add any oil to this recipe, just a squeeze of a Meyer lemon and a chopped avocado for some healthy fat. Alan and I ate this almost every day last week for lunch. He never even complained about it getting monotonous. So, either he wasn’t paying attention, or he really liked it. Win!
Here’s my printable recipe:Print
This salad is as easy as cooking quinoa and adding chickpeas and chopped veggies. Squeeze some lemon on top and add chopped avocado. Done!
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch of parsley, stems removed and leaves chopped (to yield about ½ cup tightly packed leaves)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 Meyer lemon, juiced
- 1 large avocado, sliced open, peeled, and cut into bite-sized pieces
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the quinoa according to the package instructions.
- Combine the cooked quinoa, chickpeas, chopped parsley, chopped bell pepper, chopped green onions, lemon juice, and avocado in a large mixing bowl. Add salt and pepper and stir to make sure everything is combined.
- Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 5-6 days.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 250
Items recommended for this recipe (all available through Amazon using the links below):
- Pre-washed organic quinoa
- Chickpeas in a BPA-free can
- PFOA-free non-stick cookware
- Glass mixing bowl set
Pin this to save it for later:
This is a short post for a busy week. Stay healthy and strong, friends. We’ve got less than a month of winter to go.
Join my weekly newsletter list! I’ll e-mail you once a week with a summary and links to new articles, plus insider info and bonuses available only to subscribers. This keeps you from having to keep checking my site for new blog posts.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise.