For a quick and flavorful main dish, try this Instant Pot Cabbage & Sausage recipe. You only need three ingredients and two minutes cooking time for a hearty and flavorful meal. Low-carb, gluten-free, and keto-friendly.
- 10 ounces pre-cooked Italian or Polish sausage, sliced
- 1 head of cabbage, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- Add the broth to your 6-quart or 8-quart Instant Pot, and along with your sliced sausage and chopped cabbage. You don’t need to worry about cutting the cabbage uniformly, as if will get cooked down.
- Lock on the lid and set the cooking time to 2 minutes at high pressure. When the cooking time is up, use the quick-release and then carefully remove the lid.
- Use a spatula to stir the ingredients and transfer to a serving bowl. Serve hot.
Store any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat before serving.
You can use any type of cabbage in this recipe, including Napa cabbage, green cabbage, or red cabbage.
You can also use almost any type of sausage, including beef, pork, or plant-based.
If you prefer to use uncooked sausage, then you will need to sauté it first in the Instant Pot with about a tablespoon of oil. Cook it for at least 5-7 minutes, or until is is almost cooked through.
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Instant Pot pressure cooker
- Cuisine: German
Keywords: pressure cooker cabbage and sausage, instant pot cabbage recipe