This recipe for Instant Pot Carrots is so easy and delicious. It makes the perfect healthy side dish for Easter or for an ordinary weeknight.
- 2 pounds fresh carrots, washed
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon melted ghee, butter, or coconut oil*
- Chop the carrots into approximately 1-inch chunks.
- Place the water in the base of a 6-quart pressure cooker. Add the carrots.
- Lock on the lid and make sure the valve is set to seal. Set the cook time to 2 minutes on high pressure.
- When the cooking time is complete, carefully quick-release the pressure.
- Remove the lid and pour the carrots and water into a colander.
- Add the drained carrots to a serving dish and pour over the melted ghee or coconut oil. Toss with the thyme and serve hot or at room temperature.
*Use coconut oil or vegan butter to make this recipe vegan