This recipe for Instant Pot Carrots is so easy and delicious. It makes the perfect healthy side dish for a holiday meal or for an ordinary weeknight. This is a 20-minute recipe that is vegan-friendly and gluten-free.
- 2 pounds fresh carrots, washed
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon melted ghee, butter, or coconut oil*
- Prep: Chop the carrots into approximately 1-inch chunks.
- Combine: Place the water in the base of a 6-quart pressure cooker. Add the carrots.
- Cook: Lock on the lid and make sure the valve is set to seal. Set the cook time to 2 minutes on high pressure.
- Release the Pressure: When the cooking time is complete, carefully quick-release the pressure.
- Finish: Remove the lid and pour the carrots and water into a colander.
- Serve: Add the drained carrots to a serving dish and pour over the melted ghee or coconut oil. Toss with the thyme and serve hot or at room temperature.
- *Use coconut oil or vegan butter to make this recipe vegan.
- Use baby carrots in this recipe, if you prefer. Baby carrots do not need to be chopped so this will save you time.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: pressure cooker, Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: pressure cooker carrots, instant pot vegetables, instant pot steamed vegetables