- 2 pounds fresh carrots, washed
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon melted ghee, butter, or coconut oil*
- Chop the carrots into approximately 1-inch chunks.
- Place the water in the base of a 6-quart pressure cooker. Add the carrots.
- Lock on the lid and make sure the valve is set to seal. Set the cook time to 2 minutes on high pressure.
- When the cooking time is complete, carefully quick-release the pressure.
- Remove the lid and pour the carrots and water into a colander.
- Add the drained carrots to a serving dish and pour over the melted ghee or coconut oil. Toss with the thyme and serve hot or at room temperature.
- *Use coconut oil or vegan butter to make this recipe vegan.
- Use baby carrots in this recipe, if you prefer. Baby carrots do not need to be chopped so this will save you time.
- The total cooking time includes 10 minutes for the pot to come up to pressure.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Instant Pot pressure cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: pressure cooker carrots, instant pot vegetables, instant pot steamed vegetables