Last Updated on
This recipe for Instant Pot Carrots is so easy and delicious. It makes the perfect healthy side dish for a holiday meal or for an ordinary weeknight.
Instant Pot Carrots
If you’re like me, you’re always looking for an easy vegetable side dish to go with dinner. My most common vegetable dishes include anything from a simple green salad to steamed or roasted vegetables.
Now with the warmer temperatures of spring, I’m starting to see a lot more vegetable options at the farmers’ markets. What spring veggie has you the most excited?
Steaming vegetable has never been easier than using the Instant Pot pressure cooker. I’ll show you how!
How to Steam Vegetables in the Instant Pot
The Instant Pot is a pressure cooker that uses steam to cook food. So, steaming vegetables in the Instant Pot is a perfect fit. You generally only need about 1-3 minutes of cook time at high pressure to create a perfectly-steamed non-starchy vegetable (unless you’re cooking at artichoke, those need a lot more time).
In today’s recipe for Instant Pot Carrots, you only need 2 minutes at high pressure. Learn more about how to use an Instant Pot.
How to Make Instant Pot Carrots
For this easy recipe, I just took two pounds of carrots and chopped them into about 1-inch chunks. I cut them on the diagonal to make them prettier.
Then, I just placed them in my 6-quart Instant Pot with a cup of water and set the cook time to 2 minutes on high pressure. Isn’t it great that it only takes 2 minutes to cook carrots in a pressure cooker? That does not include the approximate 10 minutes for the pot to come up to pressure or the 5 minutes of prep time. Still, this dish can be done start to finish in less than 20 minutes.
Once the cooking time was complete, I drained the carrots, tossed them with ghee (you can use vegan butter or coconut oil to make them vegan) and fresh thyme.
If you don’t have fresh thyme on hand, you can always use dried thyme or any other fresh herb you like.
After the carrots were finished cooking, I drained them and tossed them with fresh thyme and melted ghee (you can use butter, vegan butter, or coconut oil depending on your preference).
These Instant Pot Carrots are sweet, perfectly cooked and delicious.
If you like this recipe, you might also like these easy vegetable side dishes made in the Instant Pot:
- Instant Pot Artichokes
- Instant Pot Cubed Butternut Squash
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Florets
- Instant Pot Cooked Cabbage
- Instant Pot Whole Butternut Squash
- Instant Pot Whole Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot Whole Red Potatoes
Here’s the recipe for these Instant Pot Carrots:Print
This recipe for Instant Pot Carrots is so easy and delicious. It makes the perfect healthy side dish for Easter or for an ordinary weeknight.
- 2 pounds fresh carrots, washed
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon melted ghee, butter, or coconut oil*
- Chop the carrots into approximately 1-inch chunks.
- Place the water in the base of a 6-quart pressure cooker. Add the carrots.
- Lock on the lid and make sure the valve is set to seal. Set the cook time to 2 minutes on high pressure.
- When the cooking time is complete, carefully quick-release the pressure.
- Remove the lid and pour the carrots and water into a colander.
- Add the drained carrots to a serving dish and pour over the melted ghee or coconut oil. Toss with the thyme and serve hot or at room temperature.
*Use coconut oil or vegan butter to make this recipe vegan
Be sure to Pin this Instant Pot Carrot recipe to Pinterest to save it for later!
Don’t miss a recipe! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!