This low-carb version of Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore is a classic and comforting dish rich in tomato flavor. Make this easy recipe in 35 minutes with very little effort. Serve it with zucchini noodles for a keto-friendly, paleo, and Whole30 dinner.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken cutlets, cut into large chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup red wine (leave out and replace with extra chicken broth for Whole30)
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (14-ounce) can crushed or chopped tomatoes, with the juices
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Select Sauté on your Instant Pot and add the oil to the inner pot. Once hot, add the chicken, garlic, onion, oregano, salt, and pepper, and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Press Cancel and pour the wine into the pot. Using a wooden spoon, scrape up any browned bits stuck to the bottom of the pot. Add the broth, bell peppers, mushrooms, crushed tomatoes, and tomato paste, and stir to combine.
- Lock the lid into place. Select Pressure Cook or Manual, and adjust the pressure to high for 8 minutes. Make sure the valve is in the sealed position.
- After the cooking time is complete, naturally release the pressure for 5 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Unlock and remove the lid. Stir in the vinegar.
- Serve immediately, over your choice of noodles, rice, or potatoes.
- For Whole30, leave out the wine and use all chicken broth instead.
- Don’t skip sautéing the chicken as this really helps to build flavor.
- Substitute the dried oregano with Italian seasoning, if you prefer.
- You can use chicken breasts or boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days. Reheat before serving.
- For low-carb, serve the cooked chicken with veggie noodles, cauliflower rice, or cauliflower mash.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Instant Pot pressure cooker
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: instant pot chicken dinner, instapot chicken, pressure cooker healthy