This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Last Updated on
This Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore is an easy version of the classic dish that is rich with tomato flavor. This healthy recipe is gluten-free and Whole30.
Why this Chicken Cacciatore Recipe is so easy.
- Traditional cacciatore is simmered in the oven. Cooking in the Instant Pot means you don’t have to heat up the house.
- You can have this from the fridge to the table in under 45 minutes.
- The leftovers are just as delicious, if not better!
Steps to Make this Instant Pot Chicken Recipe
1. Set your Instant Pot to saute.
2. Add the chicken, garlic, onion, oregano, and salt and sauté for 6 minutes, turning once.
3. Add the wine, broth, bell peppers, mushrooms, and crushed tomatoes and stir to combine.
4. Cook at high pressure for 12 minutes.
5. Allow natural release for 10 minutes.
6. After releasing the remaining pressure, stir in the vinegar and black pepper. Serve hot, with cooked rice, pasta, cauliflower rice, or mashed potatoes. Note: rice and pasta are not Whole30-approved, so be sure to choose what works best for you.
Top Tips to Make this Stewed Chicken Recipe
- Don’t skip sautéing the chicken as this really helps to build flavor.
- Use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the pot when you add the wine to release the bits of flavor from the bottom.
- If you prefer not to use wine, you can deglaze with a bit of chicken stock.
- Serve this dish with rice or swap it for mashed potatoes, zucchini noodles, or even pasta.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days.
Other Easy Chicken Dinner Recipes You Might Like
- Instant Pot Noodles with Chicken (gluten-Free)
- Instant Pot Chicken & Sweet Potato dinner (Whole30, paleo)
- Instant Pot Coconut Chicken (keto, paleo, Whole30)
- Instant Pot Chicken Stew (Whole30)
And, don’t miss my epic round-up of 50 of the best Instant Pot Chicken recipes!
Here is the printable Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore recipe:Print
This Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore is an easy version of the classic dish that is rich with tomato flavor. This recipe is gluten-free and Whole30.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4 breasts)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup white wine*
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (14-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Select Sauté on your Instant Pot and add the oil to the inner pot. Once hot, add the chicken, garlic, onion, oregano, and salt and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn the chicken once and sauté for 3 minutes more, so both sides start to brown.
- Press Cancel and pour the wine into the pot. Using a wooden spoon, scrape up any browned bits stuck to the bottom of the pot. Add the broth, bell peppers, mushrooms, and crushed tomatoes and stir to combine.
- Lock the lid into place. Select Pressure Cook or Manual, and adjust the pressure to high for 12 minutes. Make sure the valve is in the sealed position.
- After the cooking time is complete, naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Unlock and remove the lid. Stir in the black pepper and vinegar.
- Serve immediately, or place in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
*For Whole30, leave out the wine and use all chicken broth instead.
Serve this dish over your favorite side dish, including rice (not Whole30), cauliflower rice, mashed potatoes, pasta (not Whole30), or zucchini noodles.