You’re going to love this one-pot Instant Pot Chicken Rice Soup recipe that is healthy, nourishing, and so easy to make! This soup is full of hearty fresh vegetables and tender cooked chicken. Rice makes the soup creamy and fresh lemon adds a burst of bright flavor.
- 1.25 pounds chicken tenders or boneless chicken breasts, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 6 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup white basmati rice, rinsed
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 lemons, juiced
- In the base of a 6-quart or 8-quart Instant Pot, combine the chicken, onion, carrots, celery, thyme, salt, pepper, rice, chicken broth, and water.
- Lock on the lid and set the time to 7 minutes on high pressure.
- Once the cooking time is complete, let the pressure come down naturally for 5 minutes. Quick release the remaining pressure and carefully remove the lid.
- Stir in the lemon juice and serve immediately.
- Store any leftovers in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat before serving.
- Or, you can freeze the soup for up to 2 months in a tightly sealed container.
- Use a long-grain white rice for this recipe, as opposed to a short-grain rice.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot pressure cooker
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: instant pot chicken soup, instant pot chicken and rice, chicken and rice soup