This Instant Pot Lemon Chicken Soup with Rice is a comforting and healthy classic recipe that you can serve for lunch or dinner.
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 6 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1.25 pounds chicken tenders or boneless chicken breasts, cut into ½-inch pieces
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup white basmati rice, rinsed
- 4 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Set your 6-quart or 8-quart Instant Pot to Sauté and add the ghee or butter. Let it melt for about 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped onions, carrots, and celery stalks to the pot. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to stir.
- Add the dried thyme, chicken, salt, and pepper, and stir again. Let the ingredients sauté for about 4 minutes.
- Cancel the Sauté function and add the rinsed rice, chicken broth, and water. Stir one more time and then lock on the lid.
- Set the time to 7 minutes on high pressure. Once the cooking time is complete, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes. Release any remaining pressure and remove the lid.
- Stir in the lemon juice and serve immediately.
- Store any leftovers in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator.
You can freeze the soup for up to 2 months in a tightly sealed container.