Smokey chipotle peppers add so much flavor to this recipe for Instant Pot Chicken Tinga Tacos. The tender chicken then gets served with your choice or corn or low-carb tortillas. Make this delicious gluten-free dinner recipe for your next taco night!
- 1 7-ounce can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1.25 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or chicken thighs
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 14-5 ounce can diced tomatoes (with the juices)
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed (for low carb or grain-free: use low-carb tortillas)
- Chopped scallions, cooked rice, or sautéed cauliflower rice (optional, for serving)
- Open the can of peppers and use tongs or a fork to transfer the chipotle peppers to a cutting board. Cut the peppers into small pieces and then transfer them to your Instant Pot, along with the sauce from the can.
- Add the onion, garlic, chicken, chicken broth, chili powder, and diced tomatoes to the pot. Stir gently to combine.
- Lock on the lid on the Instant Pot and set the time to 10 minutes at high pressure.
- When the cooking time is up, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes, and then use the quick-release to get rid of any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and use a slotted spoon or tongs to transfer the chicken to a cutting board or serving platter. Use two forks to shred the chicken.
- While you are shredding the chicken, press the sauté function on your Instant Pot. Let the sauce come back to a simmer and reduce to a thick consistency for 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken back to the pot and stir it with the sauce.
- Serve the chicken with the sauce with your choice of warmed corn tortillas, cooked rice, or sautéed cauliflower rice.
- Store any leftover cooked chicken in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat before serving.
- Other toppings for the tacos include: cheese (regular or dairy-free), sour cream (regular or dairy-free), jalapeños (fresh or pickled), sliced avocado, guacamole, cilantro, pickled onions, corn, salsa, black beans, diced mango and/or chickpeas. The topping options are truly endless!
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: chicken tinga instant pot, instant pot mexican food