Instant Pot Chicken Tinga Tacos
Smokey chipotle peppers add so much flavor to this recipe for Instant Pot Chicken Tinga Tacos. The tender chicken then gets served with your choice or corn or low-carb tortillas. Make this delicious gluten-free dinner recipe for your next taco night!
Tacos are the ultimate easy dinner that everyone loves. Since the Instant Pot is such a quick and easy way to cook up chicken, it only felt right to marry the two.
It only takes 15 minutes to prep these Instant Pot Chicken Tinga Tacos. Serve the cooked chicken with corn tortillas, and serve any leftover chicken in a rice and bean bowl or in a Mexican-inspired salad. See all of my healthy Instant Pot chicken recipes.
- This recipe is super simple. Canned chipotles add tons of flavor to this simple dish without too much spiciness.
- It’s gluten-free and dairy-free! Just be sure to buy gluten-free chicken broth and chipotles in adobo. I like to get La Costena brand because the flavor is perfect and they’re gluten-free.
- I always look at prep time when choosing my weekly recipes and this one comes in at only 15 minutes. Check!
Let me show you how to make this easy gluten-free pressure cooker recipe.
Chop up the chipotles then add to Instant Pot with the sauce (some brands of chipotle peppers are pre-chopped). Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot and stir.
Set to 10 minutes at high pressure then let it come down naturally for 10 minutes then release the rest of the pressure.
Remove the lid and transfer the chicken to a cutting board and shred it.
Meanwhile press the sauté button and bring the sauce to a simmer then let it thicken.
You can add cheese (regular or dairy-free), sour cream (regular or dairy-free), jalapeños (fresh or pickled), sliced avocado, guacamole, cilantro, pickled onions, corn, salsa, black beans, diced mango and/or chickpeas. The toppings are truly endless!
Yes! Let the cooked chicken cool completely and then freeze in a ziplock bag or airtight container. Let it thaw in the fridge and then reheat in the microwave or oven.
Store any leftover cooked chicken in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat before serving
Tinga is a traditional Mexican dish made with shredded chicken or beef in a red sauce.
Other Easy Instant Pot Recipes You Might Like
- Instant Pot White Basmati Rice
- Instant Pot Chicken Curry with Potatoes & Carrots
- Instant Pot Pineapple Chicken
- Instant Pot Orange Chicken
I hope you make this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment and a starred review below.Print
- 1 7-ounce can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1.25 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or chicken thighs
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 14-5 ounce can diced tomatoes (with the juices)
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed (for low carb or grain-free: use low-carb tortillas)
- Chopped scallions, cooked rice, or sautéed cauliflower rice (optional, for serving)
- Open the can of peppers and use tongs or a fork to transfer the chipotle peppers to a cutting board. Cut the peppers into small pieces and then transfer them to your Instant Pot, along with the sauce from the can.
- Add the onion, garlic, chicken, chicken broth, chili powder, and diced tomatoes to the pot. Stir gently to combine.
- Lock on the lid on the Instant Pot and set the time to 10 minutes at high pressure.
- When the cooking time is up, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes, and then use the quick-release to get rid of any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and use a slotted spoon or tongs to transfer the chicken to a cutting board or serving platter. Use two forks to shred the chicken.
- While you are shredding the chicken, press the sauté function on your Instant Pot. Let the sauce come back to a simmer and reduce to a thick consistency for 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken back to the pot and stir it with the sauce.
- Serve the chicken with the sauce with your choice of warmed corn tortillas, cooked rice, or sautéed cauliflower rice.
- Store any leftover cooked chicken in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat before serving.
- Other toppings for the tacos include: cheese (regular or dairy-free), sour cream (regular or dairy-free), jalapeños (fresh or pickled), sliced avocado, guacamole, cilantro, pickled onions, corn, salsa, black beans, diced mango and/or chickpeas. The topping options are truly endless!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: chicken tinga instant pot, instant pot mexican food
Also, if you are new to using the Instant Pot or you just want some more tips and recipes, please consider joining my email list! As a special thank you, I’ll send you my Instant Pot Cheat Sheet.