This Instant Pot Coconut Chicken with Lime recipe is a 30-minute meal with only six ingredients. Serve the tender and flavorful coconut chicken with cooked rice or sautéed cauliflower rice. This recipe is gluten-free, Whole30, and keto-friendly.
- 1 bunch of celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1.25 pounds chicken thighs or chicken cutlets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 limes, juiced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the celery and onion to the pot of your pressure cooker. Place the chicken tenders on top of the celery. Add the chicken broth and lock on the Instant Pot lid.
- Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes. When the cooking time is complete, let the pressure come down naturally for 5 minutes, then release any remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the lid. Pour in the coconut milk and fresh lime juice and give the soup a good stir. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with cooked rice or cauliflower rice, if desired.
- Store any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- If you don’t like celery, then feel free to substitute a similar vegetable instead (fennel, carrots, or bell peppers would all work okay too). But, in the interest of keeping this recipe to just a few ingredients, I used celery and onion.
- Also, you can choose whether or not you want to use chicken thighs or chicken cutlets. The most important part is that you cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces so it cooks quickly and evenly.
- Category: Main dish, soup
- Method: Pressure cooker, instant pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot chicken, coconut chicken dish, easy chicken recipe