- 2 cups long-grain white rice, rinsed and drained in a fine-mesh colander
- 1 13.5–ounce can light coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- In the base of a 6-quart or 8-quart Instant Pot, combine the rinsed rice, coconut milk, and water.
- Lock the lid on the pot and set the time to 6 minutes and high pressure.
- When the cooking time is complete, let the pressure come down naturally for about 5 minutes. Then, use the carefully quick-release to release the remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and use a serving spoon to stir and serve the rice.
- You can easily double this recipe.
- Store any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Or, you can freeze leftovers for up to 2 months. Defrost and reheat before serving.
- If you choose to use brown rice, you’ll need to increase the cook time to 22 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Instant Pot pressure cooker
- Cuisine: Asian
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: pressure cooker coconut rice, instant pot white rice with coconut milk