This delicious Instant Pot Coconut Rice recipe is easy and comforting, with a delicate coconut flavor. Dairy-free and vegan.
- 1 cup white basmati rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 1 cinnamon stick
- In the base of a 6-quart or 8-quart Instant Pot, combine the rice, water, raisins, turmeric, coconut butter, and cinnamon stick. Stir to combine.
- Lock the lid on the pot and set the time to 6 minutes and high pressure.
- When the cooking time is complete, let the pressure come down naturally for about 5 minutes. Then, use the quick-release to release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and use tongs to remove and discard the cinnamon stick. Stir the rice and serve immediately.
You can easily double this recipe.
Store any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Instant Pot pressure cooker
- Cuisine: Vegan, gluten-free
Keywords: instant pot rice, basmati coconut rice, white coconut rice