The easiest way to make sweet potatoes!
- 5 large sweet potatoes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- 2 tablespoons ghee or coconut butter
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into approximately 1-inch chunks. Add the chunks to the bowl of a pressure cooker.
- Add the salt, thyme, and cinnamon to the sweet potatoes and toss to combine.
- Pour in the water and lock the lid on the pressure cooker.
- Cook the sweet potatoes on high pressure for 8 minutes and quick-release the pressure.
- Add the maple syrup and ghee or coconut butter to the potatoes and use a spatula to mix together. Mash the potatoes using the spatula and serve immediately.
- Refrigerate any leftovers and re-heat on the stovetop with about ¼ cup of almond milk to add extra creaminess.
You’ll need to add allow for an extra 10 minutes cooking time for the pressure cooker to come up to pressure.