This recipe for Instant Pot Mashed Sweet Potatoes is healthy and easy, and takes just about 30 minutes from start to finish. This gluten-free and dairy-free recipe includes vegan and pale options. This is such a delicious side dish that goes with so many main dish recipes.
- 5 large sweet potatoes, about 2 pounds
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter, ghee, or coconut butter
- Peel and chop your sweet potatoes into approximately 1-inch chunks. Place the chunks into the base of a 6-quart or 8-quart pressure cooker.
- Add the salt, thyme, and cinnamon to the sweet potatoes and toss to combine.
- Pour in the water and lock the lid on the pressure cooker. Set the time to 8 minutes at high pressure.
- When the cooking time is up, use the quick-release to release the pressure.
- Carefully remove the lid and stir in the the maple syrup and vegan butter, ghee, or coconut butter to the potatoes.
- Use a spatula or a potato masher to mix together and serve hot.
- VEGAN: use coconut butter instead of ghee
- PALEO or Whole30: use coconut butter or ghee. For dairy allergies, use vegan butter or coconut butter.
- Refrigerate any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat before serving.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Instant Pot pressure cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sweet potatoes in the instant pot, instant pot sweet potatoes, instant pot sweet potato mash