- 5 large sweet potatoes, about 2 pounds
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter, vegan butter, ghee, or coconut butter
- Peel and chop your sweet potatoes into approximately 1-inch chunks. Place the chunks into the base of a 6-quart or 8-quart pressure cooker.
- Add the salt, thyme, and cinnamon to the sweet potatoes and toss to combine.
- Pour in the water and lock the lid on the pressure cooker. Set the time to 8 minutes at high pressure.
- When the cooking time is up, use the quick-release to release the pressure.
- Carefully remove the lid and stir in the the maple syrup and butter, vegan butter, ghee, or coconut butter to the potatoes.
- Use a spatula or a potato masher to mix together and serve hot.
- VEGAN: use coconut butter instead of ghee. PALEO or Whole30: use coconut butter or ghee. For dairy allergies, use vegan butter or coconut butter.
- Refrigerate any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat before serving.
- The total cooking time includes 10 minutes to come up to pressure, 8 minutes cooking time, and 10 minutes for a natural pressure release.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Instant Pot pressure cooker
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: sweet potatoes in the instant pot, instant pot sweet potatoes, instant pot sweet potato mash