Instant Pot Lentil Soup with Sausage
This Instant Pot Lentil Soup with Sausage recipe is such an easy, comforting meal. Serve it for a delicious lunch or dinner. This recipe is gluten-free and freezer-friendly.
- Author: Carrie Forrest, MPH in Nutrition
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 cup brown or green lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 10 ounces cooked gluten-free Italian or Polish chicken, pork, or beef sausage, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups reduced-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Combine the lentils, carrots, celery, onion, sausages, broth, dried thyme in the pot of a 6-quart or 8-quart pressure cooker.
- Lock on the lid and set to cook at high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Once the soup is done cooking, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes. Then, use the quick-release to get rid of any remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the lid and stir in the salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Serve hot
Store any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Or, place any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container and freeze for up to 2 months.
Keywords: lentil sausage soup, instant pot soup, instant pot lentils and sausage