This Instant Pot Lentil Soup with Sausage recipe is such an easy and flavorful meal. Serve the soup for a delicious lunch or dinner. This recipe is done in 40 minutes, with very little hands-on time.
- 1 cup brown or green lentils, rinsed in a fine-mesh sieve and drained
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 10 ounces uncooked or pre-cooked Italian or Polish chicken, pork, or beef sausage (about 4 pieces), sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups reduced-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Combine the lentils, carrots, celery, onion, sausages, broth, and dried thyme in the pot of a 6-quart or 8-quart pressure cooker.
- Lock on the lid and set to cook at high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Once the soup is done cooking, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes. Then, use the quick-release to get rid of any remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the lid and stir in the pepper and lemon juice.
- Serve hot.
- Store any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Or, place leftovers in a tightly-sealed container and freeze for up to 2 months.
- To ensure this recipe is gluten-free, make sure to read the label on the sausage package.
- The total cooking time includes 10 minutes for the pot to come up to pressure and a 10 minute natural release.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lentil sausage soup, instant pot soup, instant pot lentils and sausage