This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Last Updated on
This Instant Pot Lentil Soup recipe is perfect for an easy lunch or comforting dinner, and it’s full of vegetables and flavor.
Cooking Lentils in the Pressure Cooker
Instant Pot-cooking can make meal preparation in general so easy and fast. I also learned that if you pressure cook lentils or beans, you get the added benefit of having the lectins greatly reduced as compared with regular stove-top cooking. This can be really beneficial for people with lectin sensitivities or autoimmune disease. Isn’t that so interesting?
Not having to pre-soak the lentils means that you can make this Instant Pot Lentil Soup in 30 minutes or less. You’ll need a few veggies to cook with the lentils, including a carrot, celery, zucchini, and about 1/2 of an onion (not pictured).
How to Make Instant Pot Lentil Soup
I promise this is one of the easiest recipes you’ll ever make. You do need to rinse your lentils before you add them to the pot, and then you just have to chop your veggies and toss them in. As with any Instant Pot recipe, you need at least 1 cup of liquid. I used 2 1/2 cups of bone broth since I was making a soup. You can use vegetable broth to make this recipe vegan.
Then, just lock on the lid to your pot, and cook for 15 minutes. You can either do the quick-release or natural release at the end of the cooking time. Lunch or dinner is served!
Some commonly asked questions about cooking lentils the pressure cooker:
What is the benefit of using a pressure cooker versus the slow-cooker? The lectins in the lentils will be reduced, and the whole dish will cook much, much faster!
Is this recipe vegan? Just be sure to use vegetable broth and this recipe will be vegan.
Aren’t pressure cookers dangerous? Can’t they explode? The new electric versions are very safe. Just be sure to follow the directions about the seal and using at least one cup of liquid.
Other Instant Pot Soups You Might Like:
- Instant Pot Chicken Curry Soup (Whole30, gluten-free)
- Instant Pot Chicken Soup with Rice
- Instant Pot Lentil Soup (vegan option)
- Instant Pot Potato Soup (dairy-free, with vegan option)
- Instant Pot Vegetable Soup (vegan)
Items recommended for this Instant Pot Lentil Soup recipe (some affiliate links included):
Here’s the printable recipe for this easy Lentil Soup:Print
Here’s a quick and easy lentil soup full of vegetables and flavor.
- 1 cup lentils, rinsed
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 head of celery, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups bone broth (turkey, chicken, of beef), or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon each dried oregano and thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 fresh lemon, for topping
- dairy-free yogurt and fresh chives (optional, for topping)
- Combine the lentils, chopped carrots, chopped zucchini, chopped celery, broth, dried oregano, and dried thyme in the pot of a 6- or 8-quart pressure cooker.
- Lock on the lid and set to cook for 15 minutes.
- Once the soup is done cooking, release the pressure using the quick-release, or let it come down naturally.
- Remove the lid and stir the soup. Squeeze the lemon on top.
- Top each serving of soup with a spoonful of dairy-free yogurt. Finally, sprinkle the top with chopped fresh chives, if desired.
- Serve hot
Pin this recipe to your favorite Pinterest board!
READ NEXT: PRESSURE COOKER MASHED SWEET POTATOES
Don’t miss a recipe! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!