When you need an easy side dish, you should try this recipe for Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes. It’s a one-pot dish with no draining.
- 2 pounds white, red, or gold potatoes
- 1 cup broth or water
- 3 tablespoons ghee*, butter, or vegan butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Scrub the potatoes and cut them in half.
- Add the potatoes to the pot, along with the water.
- Lock on the lid and push the button for pressure cooking. Set the time to 12 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is complete, use the natural-release or quick-release to unlock the lid.
- Use a potato masher to carefully mash the potatoes.
- Add the ghee and stir until combined.
- Pour in the almond milk and give the potatoes one final stir.
- Serve hot and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
*ghee is made by removing the milk solids from butter. It is usually safe for dairy-free diets. If you prefer, you can use vegan butter that is not made from milk. Vegan butter is safe for dairy allergies.