Learn how to make this Instant Pot Lemon Quinoa with Vegetables that is a one-pot dish full of flavor. The simple lemon dressing brightens the quinoa and vegetables that come together into a delicious salad. This recipe is vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 3 Persian cucumbers or 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1/3 cup green or black pitted olives, chopped
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lemons, juiced
- ½teaspoon sea salt
- ¼teaspoon ground black pepper
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine-mesh sieve until the water runs clear. Drain and place the quinoa in a 6-quart Instant Pot. Add the water.
- Lock on the lid and set the Instant Pot to one minute cooking time at high pressure. Be sure the sealing valve is set to “sealing”.
- Once the cooking time is up, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes and then release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and use a fork to fluff the quinoa.
- Add the red bell pepper, cucumber, olives, cranberries, and pumpkin seeds to the quinoa and stir to combine.
- Add the oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Stir one more time to combine.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- This salad will keep in the refrigerator in a tightly-sealed container for up to 4 days.
- You can use red or white quinoa for this recipe.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Instant Pot pressure cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot salad, quinoa in pressure cooker