Instant Pot Quinoa Salad
Learn how to make this Instant Pot Lemon Quinoa Salad that is a one-pot dish full of flavor. The simple lemon dressing brightens the quinoa and vegetables that come together into a delicious dish. This recipe is vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free.
It couldn’t be easier to cook quinoa in the Instant Pot! Quinoa is a grain-like seed that is the perfect base to pack in flavor. This Mediterranean salad Instant Pot recipe balances sweet and savory perfectly.
Crunchy bell pepper and cucumbers, sweet dried cranberries, and salty olives are dressed in olive oil and lemon for a healthy and fresh lunch or dinner.
It can be a healthy side dish or even a main dish when you need something easy and fast.
Why You Need This Recipe
- This entire dish is done in 30 minutes with only 10 minutes of prep time. When it comes to kitchen math, less prep time equals more free time.
- Quinoa is high in B vitamins, fiber, magnesium and all of the nine essential amino acids. Add fresh vegetables and heart healthy pumpkin seeds and you have a meal you can feel good about eating.
- This Instant Pot Quinoa Salad with vegetables tastes even better the next day. Recipes that keep getting better overnight are the best kind of recipes. The flavors really come together in the fridge.
Quinoa makes the base of this yummy salad.
Chopped vegetables like bell pepper and cucumber add nutrition and crunch. Feel free to get creative with the veggies that you add to this Instant Pot Quinoa Salad.
Olives add healthy fat and flavor.
Pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries help add more nutrition, texture, and flavor.
Rinse and drain the quinoa then add to Instant Pot with water.
Lock on the lid and set to one minute cook time at high pressure.
Once cook time is finished, let the pressure come down for ten minutes and then release the pressure.
Fluff the quinoa then add vegetables, dried cranberries, seeds, and olives. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to the quinoa then stir.
Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Yes! This salad tastes excellent the next day after the dressing and quinoa have had a chance to marry.
I don’t recommend freezing this Instant Pot Quinoa Salad because the vegetables will lose their lovely crunch. However, you can freeze just the quinoa after it’s cooked in freezer bags. Defrost the quinoa in the fridge overnight or microwave until reheated then add the rest of the ingredients.
In a tightly sealed container in the fridge, this salad will last up to 4 days.
Yes, but this recipe is best served chilled or at room temperature to preserve the crispness of the chopped vegetables.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 3 Persian cucumbers or 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1/3 cup green or black pitted olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/2teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground black pepper
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine-mesh sieve until the water runs clear. Drain and place the quinoa in a 6-quart Instant Pot. Add the water.
- Lock on the lid and set the Instant Pot to one minute cooking time at high pressure. Be sure the sealing valve is set to “sealing”.
- Once the cooking time is up, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes and then release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and use a fork to fluff the quinoa.
- Add the red bell pepper, cucumber, olives, cranberries, and pumpkin seeds to the quinoa and stir to combine.
- Add the oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Stir one more time to combine.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- This salad will keep in the refrigerator in a tightly-sealed container for up to 4 days.
- You can use red or white quinoa for this recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Category: Salad
- Method: Instant Pot pressure cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 331
- Sugar: 10.5 g
- Sodium: 381.4 mg
- Fat: 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 43.4 g
- Fiber: 5.5 g
- Protein: 9.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: instant pot salad, quinoa in pressure cooker