This Instant Pot Salmon and Potatoes recipe uses frozen fillets for a last-minute, weeknight meal that is gluten-free, healthy, and so delicious. This dish comes together in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 pound medium red potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 carrots, chopped into 1-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 4 (4-ounce) frozen salmon fillets
- 4 tablespoons ghee, melted
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Pour the broth into the inner pot and add the potatoes and carrots. Place the salmon fillets, skin-side down, on top of the vegetables.
- Pour the melted ghee over the salmon and sprinkle the salt and garlic powder over the top.
- Lock the lid into place. Select Pressure Cook or Manual, and adjust the pressure to High and the time to 5 minutes. Make sure the steam release knob is in the sealed position.
- After the cooking time is complete, let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Unlock and remove the lid.
- Serve immediately with the lemon juice squeezed over each serving.
- Use frozen fish fillets. Be sure to look for wild-caught salmon, not farmed salmon.
- Leave the skin on for cooking. If you prefer to serve it without skin, remove it right before serving.
- Serve with a side salad to make it a full dinner.
- Store leftovers in a covered container in the fridge and add to a salad for a quick and easy lunch the next day.
- Feel free to use butter or olive oil instead of ghee.
- Use one cup water if you don’t have broth.
- Don’t worry about using a trivet or steamer basket as they aren’t necessary in this easy Instant Pot salmon recipe.
- Category: Fish
- Method: Instant Pot pressure cooker
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: instant pot frozen salmon, instant pot fish