This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Last Updated on
This Instant Pot Salmon recipe uses frozen filets for a last-minute, weeknight meal that is gluten-free, healthy, and so delicious.
Why Is This Salmon and Vegetable Recipe So Fantastic?
- Prep and cook the entire meal in 30 minutes or less.
- Use frozen salmon filets. All you have to do is take them out of the packaging!
- Sea salt and garlic powder add the perfect amount of seasoning.
- A squeeze of fresh lemon before serving gives this recipe a fresh, bright flavor.
Steps To Make This 30-Minute Meal
1. Peel and chop the carrots and cube the potatoes.
2. Toss veggies into the Instant Pot along with the chicken broth.
3. Add the frozen salmon filets, skin side down.
4. Top the salmon with the melted ghee or butter, salt, and garlic.
5. Set to high pressure for 5 minutes.
6. Natural release for 5 minutes and then use the quick-release to release any remaining pressure. This will ensure that the salmon doesn’t get overcooked.
7. Top with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice before serving.
Is this Instant Pot Fish Recipe Healthy?
- Yes! Wild-caught salmon is one of the healthiest foods you can eat. It is full of omega-3 fatty acids. Salmon is also considered a lean protein which is part of a balanced diet. Read more about healthy foods you should eat every day.
- Fish, vegetables, and a healthy starch like potatoes is a perfectly balanced meal.
Top Tips for Making Frozen Salmon in the Instant Pot
- Use frozen fish filets. Be sure to look for wild-caught salmon, not farmed salmon.
- Leave the skin on for cooking. If you prefer to serve it without skin, remove it right before serving.
- Serve with a side salad to make it a full dinner.
- Store leftovers in a covered container in the fridge and add to a salad for a quick and easy lunch the next day.
Other Healthy & Easy Instant Pot Recipes You Might Like:
- Instant Pot Chicken & Sweet Potato dinner
- Instant Pot Chicken Soup with Rice
- Instant Pot Chicken & Potato Stew
- Instant Pot Beef Chili with Sweet Potato
Here is the printable frozen salmon recipe:Print
This Instant Pot Salmon recipe uses frozen fish filets for a last-minute, weeknight meal that is gluten-free, healthy, and so delicious.
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 pound medium red potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 carrots, chopped into 1-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 4 (4-ounce) frozen salmon fillets
- 4 tablespoons ghee, melted
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Pour the broth into the inner pot and add the potatoes and carrots. Place the salmon fillets, skin-side down, on top of the vegetables.
- Pour the melted ghee over the salmon and sprinkle the salt and garlic powder over the top.
- Lock the lid into place. Select Pressure Cook or Manual, and adjust the pressure to High and the time to 5 minutes. Make sure the steam release knob is in the sealed position.
- After the cooking time is complete, let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Unlock and remove the lid.
- Serve immediately with the lemon juice squeezed over each serving.