- 1 16–ounce jar salsa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1.25–pounds chicken cutlets, about 2 large pieces
- Pour the salsa and water into the base of an Instant Pot.
- Lay the chicken pieces on top.
- Lock on the lid and set the time to 10 minutes at high pressure.
- Once the cooking time is complete, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes.
- Then, use the quick release to get rid of any remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the lid and use tongs to transfer the chicken to a large bowl.
- Use two forks to shred the chicken. Then, pour the salsa mixture on top.
- Serve immediately, or cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- You can serve the cooked shredded chicken cold or heated up.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: salsa chicken, instant pot shredded chicken, instant pot mexican chicken