If you need a quick and easy side dish for weeknight meals or potlucks, look no further than this healthy and delicious Instant Pot Spanish Rice!
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped, about 3/4 cup
- 1 1/4 cups reduced sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder*
- 1 cup white rice, rinsed
- ¼ cup pitted black olives
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Turn on the Sauté function on your 6-quart Instant Pot. Add the avocado or olive oil and let it heat up for about 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped onion and let it sauté for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cancel the Sauté function and add the broth, tomato paste, chili powder, and rice, and stir to combine.
- Lock on the lid and set the time to 6 minutes on high pressure.
- When the cooking time is up, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes. Remove the lid and stir in the olives and salt.
- Serve hot or store in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
If you don’t like spice, just leave out the chili powder.