This gluten-free Instant Pot Pineapple Chicken recipe is so flavorful, and takes only 40 minutes to make. Serve it with steamed rice or sautéed cauliflower rice. Everyone in the family will love this easy winner chicken dinner.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1.25 pounds boneless, skinless chicken cutlets or thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (leave out for Whole30)
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- Press the Sauté button on your Instant Pot and pour in the cooking oil. Let the oil heat up for about two minutes.
- Then, add the chicken, onion, and garlic into the pot and sauté for about 3 minutes, stirring so the chicken starts to change color on all sides.
- Cancel the Sauté function and add the broth, pineapple, coconut aminos, and coconut sugar. Stir to combine.
- Lock on the lid, select the Pressure Cook function, and adjust to high pressure for 8 minutes. Make sure the steam valve is set in the “Sealing”.
- When the cooking time is up, let the pressure come down naturally for 5-10 minutes and then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and press the Sauté button and add the arrowroot starch to the pot. Use a whisk to make sure the starch dissolves into the liquid. Let the liquid simmer for about 2 minutes so it can start to thicken.
- Cancel the Sauté button and stir.
- Serve the chicken hot, on top of steamed rice or sautéed cauliflower rice.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- If you are not gluten-free, you can use reduced-sodium soy sauce instead of coconut aminos, if you prefer.
- The nutrition data does not include the rice or cauliflower rice.
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: instant pot hawaiian chicken, homemade gluten-free teriyaki sauce