If you’re looking for an easy and flavorful Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken recipe, then you’ll love this healthy, homemade recipe.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1.25 pounds boneless, skinless chicken cutlets or thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (leave out for Whole30)
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro (optional, for topping)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions (optional, for topping)
- Press the Sauté button on your Instant Pot and let it heat up for about two minutes. Combine the chicken, onion, and garlic in the stainless steel insert of the Instant Pot and sauté for about 3 minutes, stirring so the chicken starts to change color on all sides.
- Add the broth and cancel the Sauté function.
- Add the pineapple, coconut aminos, and coconut sugar to the pot and stir to combine. Lock on the lid, select the Pressure Cook function, and adjust to high pressure for 8 minutes. Make sure the steam valve is set in the “Sealing”.
- When the cooking time is up, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes and then quick-release the remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and press the Sauté button and add the arrowroot starch to the pot. Use a whisk to make sure the starch dissolves into the liquid. Let the liquid simmer for about 2 minutes so it can start to thicken.
- Cancel the Sauté button and stir. Serve the chicken hot, on top of steamed rice or sautéed cauliflower rice, with a sprinkle of chopped cilantro and green onions, if desired.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Allow 10 minutes to come up to pressure, 8 minutes cooking time, and 10 minutes to release the pressure naturally.