- 1 15–ounce can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1/4 onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the garbanzo beans, celery, mayonnaise, relish, mustard, onion, and lemon juice.
- Stir to combine. Use the flat side of a fork to smash some of the beans.
- Serve over chopped romaine as a salad entrée, wrapped in a tortilla for a wrap, or on toasted bread for a sandwich.
- This salad will keep in the refrigerator in a tightly-sealed container for up to 5 days.
- Be sure to use gluten-free bread or toast if you are on a gluten-free diet.
- You can use white beans instead of garbanzo beans.
- Most commercial mayo brands use eggs. So, you need to look for a vegan mayo in the refrigerator section of your grocery store.
- Feel free to get creative with your mock tuna salad. You can add fresh chopped dill or parsley, or even add chopped dulce for a “sea” flavor that adds even more of a mock tuna flavoring.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: how to make a vegan tuna salad, mock tuna salad, vegan tuna salad recipe