Vegan Chickpea Tuna Salad
If you’re looking for a plant-based replacement for tuna salad, look no further! This healthy Vegan Chickpea Tuna Salad is a delicious alternative.
Mock Tuna Salad
This Ocean-Friendly Mock Tuna Salad uses vegan mayonnaise, grainy mustard, and sweet pickle relish for flavoring. For my vegan friends or anyone who can’t eat real tuna, this is a delicious alternative to a real tuna salad. It’s also gluten free and dairy free.
This recipe takes me back to my childhood when this easy tuna salad was a lunchtime favorite. As a serving suggestion, you can either wrap this Vegan Mock Tuna Salad in a tortilla, scoop it onto toast, or serve it plain or over crisp romaine. Or, go super traditional and make a vegan sandwich. The celery and onion provide characteristic crunch, and the gently-smashed garbanzo beans give a nice texture.
You won’t believe how easy it is to throw together this vegan chickpea salad recipe.
- Gather your ingredients including garbanzo beans, vegan mayo, mustard, relish, onion, and celery
- Prep the ingredients including rinsing and draining the beans and chopping the onion and celery
- Toss all the ingredients together, using the back of a spoon to gently smash the garbanzo beans
- Serve chilled or at room temperature
And, if you are looking for more easy vegan recipes, you might like these:
Or, see my round-up of Healthy Vegan Bean Recipes.
Here’s the printable recipe:Print
Vegan Tuna Salad
A fresh and easy salad that replaces a traditional tuna salad. This is a healthy vegan version.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minutes
- Total Time: 11 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: No-bake, easy
- Cuisine: Vegan, dairy-free, healthy
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1/4 onion, chopped finely
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the garbanzo beans, celery, mayonnaise, relish, mustard, and onion.
- Stir to combine. Use the flat side of a fork to smash some of the beans.
- Serve over chopped romaine as a salad entrée, wrapped in a tortilla for a wrap, or on toasted bread for a sandwich.
This salad will keep in the refrigerator in a tightly-sealed container for up to 5 days.
Keywords: how to make a vegan tuna salad, mock tuna salad, vegan tuna salad recipe
I hope you enjoy this vegan salad recipe as much as I do! This has quickly become a favorite in my household.